Sunday, October 5, 2008

Reality TV

I think the most important thing to differentiate between reality shows and "reality" is the aspect of reality and how the term is being used. "Reality shows", at least in my opinion, use the term more so as a way to describe the production value of the show. To me, it's more of a way to identify what type of show the person is watching, the same as a "game show", or a "soap opera", and should be treated as such. I feel if we take a reality show and treat it in the same manner as a game show, it won't have such a negative connotation as it does now in terms of romance. I feel as if the maturity level of the individual is what should determine whether or not they should be watching reality shows. If you think your child has the development level high enough to understand the difference, then let them. Otherwise I agree with Christina that children shouldn't be subjected to reality shows. So I guess my question is, when is a good age for children to watch reality shows?

No comments: