Saturday, November 1, 2008
Reality TV
I think that reality tv is a joke. I dont watch it; however, I have heard a lot. I think that these shows could possibly be a contribution to the high divorce rates in the U.S. They portray love, marriage, and courtship as something that is easily obtained and easily disposed. It doesnt mean anything anymore. In the old days marriage was something sacred and important. It was more than just a piece of paper. Now people get married and divorced all in the same week. The media makes things look so simple. When a married couple is facing even the simplest problem they dont take the time to work it out. Its just much easier to pay the lawyers and sign the divorce papers. Love and marriage didnt used to be a one night stand that led to an elopement. I think that reality tv shows especially the Bachelor/Bachelorette help contribute to the "new" way of courting. The people that are involoved with these shows make things look so easy. All you have to do is go on tv and you can find your soul mate. There is so much more to it than that. Sometimes I think that people take the media way too seriously. I agree with Kathryn when she says that people cant be themselves 100% of the time. The camera doesnt catch every second of everyday. People are very fake. When put in a certain situation people are going to act the way that they think others want them to act especially when they are on tv and the whole nation can see everything that they do. When watching these shows you dont get the true person. What ever happened old fashioned dating when you actually spent one on one time with the person and got to know the true self. I think that reality shows are suggesting that none of that matters anymore which is not true.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment