Sunday, September 14, 2008
Consumers and Advertisers
The role of a comsumer varies from person to perrson. Advertisers have always been the same from the start of Sear's catalogs over 100 years ago to today. Advertisers have one objective; attract consumers to buy their product. However, consumers nowadays like to research what they are buying versus other similar products that are available to them to. I agree with the quote that Xihua used in his blog saying, "Advertising doesn’t force someone to purchase a product, but it plays a huge role” (Ogilvy). Look at the Super Bowl. Companies pay millions of dollars just to have a 30 second ad to reach hundreds of millions of consumers. One of the new advertising methods that have become popular to help consumers remember products is through humor. I don't know about other people, but I feel that advertisers are a key to helping inform consumers in a clever way that keeps the economy moving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment