Sunday, September 21, 2008
Sports
In sports today, they are a contributor to stereotyping masculinity sports, and placing misconceptions on femininity in sports. I agree with Quan in that we see masculine sports for men such as football, wrestling, boxing, and so on. I feel that one of these reasons is because these sports bring out more aggression and testerone that men have more than women. Especially in sports like football and wrestling, they reqiure lots of strength and muscle that men have more of then women. However, other sports like tennis, softball, and soccer, famous women athletes are known more for their physical beauty than their athleticism. Look at Jenny Finch who plays for the USA softball team, or the former tennis player turned model, Anna Kornikova. Kornikova is the perfect example of the femininity conceptions in sports. I disagree with Federkane's quote that women have to keep their athleticism invisible. So, what do you think? Are women's sports more about athleticism or a beauty padget?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment