Sunday, October 12, 2008

Why can't men be "bitches"?

I agree with Putnams view of womens right in reality television. Women who scheme and intimidate others are seen as the “bitches”, whereas, the men in that are participating in the same game are seen as virtuous, noble winners. I will say that in a world where people judge their importance by how much time they have on television, women don’t seem to care what image they portray themselves in, but to a point, the judging becomes unfair. How is it that the men on the bachelor can go around kissing 25 girls one after another, but once the bachelorette goes at it, she is a whore. I cannot say that I’m not guilty of thinking such things, it is unfortunately the way we are programmed to see the behaviors of different sexes. Just like Katrina said, women will continue to be called out on things like being a “whore” or a “bitch” on national television, but the men’s actions go unnoticed.

No comments: